Join the Real Property Tax Appeals Commission (RPTAC) for a workshop on how to file your real property tax appeal.
Join us on Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 5:30 pm in the Old Council Chambers, One Judiciary Square, 441 4th Street, NW.
What you will learn:
- How does the city determine the estimated market value of my property?
- What do I need to do to appeal my property assessment?
- How does an owner gather data needed to appeal the assessment of my property?
- What does RPTAC consider to be relevant evidence?
- What is a Market Sales Comparison and why do I need it?
- What conditions might impact the value of my property?
- Tips to present a robust appeal case.
April 1, 2016 is the deadline to file your 1st Level Appeal with the Office of Tax and Revenue!
For more information contact Carlynn Fuller [email protected] or (202) 727-3596.