Agency Mission Statement
The mission of the Real Property Tax Appeals Commission (RPTAC) is to conduct fair and impartial real property assessment appeal hearings for the citizens of the District of Columbia. The Commission's objective is to ensure that appellants’ real properties are assessed at 100 percent of market value, based on properties similar in size and utility, so that an equitable tax burden is shared.
Role of the Real Property Tax Appeals Commission
The Real Property Tax Appeals Commission is the second-level real property assessment and appeals process. Prior to filing with the Real Property Tax Appeals Commission, a First-Level Administrative Appeal must have been filed with the Office of Tax and Revenue- Assessor’s Office. For more information on the first level filing process, visit the Office of the Chief Financial Officer's website.
- RPTAC TY 2020 Year End Report as of February 11, 2020
- Tax Year 2019 Annual Report
- Tax Year 2018 Annual Report
- Tax Year 2017 Annual Report
- Tax Year 2016 Annual Report
The Commission shall meet at least 4 times annually for administrative matters. All administrative meetings of the Commission shall be open to the public.
- August 16, 2017 - Public Meeting Minutes
- October 2, 2017 - Public Meeting Minutes
- November 3, 2017 - Public Meeting Minutes
- December 6, 2017 - Public Meeting Minutes
- December 6, 2017 - Public Meeting Minutes - FINAL