Washington, DC - On Tuesday, May 25, 2010, the Board of Real Property Assessments and Appeals issued a new application form for Homestead Exemption Appeals. Residents will use this new streamline form when filing a second level appeal on the denial of the homestead exemption. The new form will expedite the appeals process.
When preparing the application form for Homestead appeals, residents must:
- Provide the Tax Year(s) that the Homestead deduction was denied;
- Provide the date that you were notified the Homestead Exemption was denied;
- Be prepared to state why you are eligible for the homestead exemption;
- Decide whether or not you desire a personal appearance before the Board to explain your appeal;
- Submit all available supporting evidence with the appeal application. IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE BOARD, ALL SUPPORTING EVIDENCE MUST BE SUBMITTED WHEN THE APPEAL IS FILED WITH THE BOARD.
To review the Real Property Homestead Appeal Form, select the link below.
For more information, contact the Board of Real Property Assessments and Appeals at (202) 727-6860.