Real Property Tax Appeals Commission
Minutes of the Public Meeting held on
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Chairperson Gregory Syphax called the 1st public meeting for CY 2019 to order at 4:03 p.m. in Hearing Room 1 in the Commisssion's suite of offices located at 441 4th Street NW. The quorum consisted of Gregory Syphax, Richard Amato, Rod Davis, Trent Williams, Wendy Gadson, Alvin Jackson, Cliftine Jones, Stacie Scott Turner, John Neil Ollivierra, May Chan, Edwin Dugas and John Woods. Frank Sanders and Don Isaac were absent from the meeting. Executive Director, Carlynn Fuller, was also in attendance.
Clfitine Jones made a motion for approval of minutes from the December 18, 2018, Public Meeting; Alvin jackson seconded the motion. The minutes were approved.
Ms. Fuller gave the Executive Director’s report summarized as follows:
- Hearing have been scheduled and assigned for September. Schedule distributed.
Mr. Syphax reported the following:
- Councilmember Anita Bonds will be visiting the office tomorrow at 11 am.
- Anticipating approximately 4500 cases this year
- Commisssioners need to strive to improve every year; track cases better
- Has been sitting down with individual Commissioners to perform training
- An updated manual has been completed
- The manual informs Commissioners of what they need to know to perform their duties
- There will be upcoming training to discuss supplement assessments and other issues
There were no members from the public present at the meeting.
Richard Amato moved to adjourn the meeting. Edwin Dugas seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 1:58 p.m.
Approved September 24, 2019