Filing Deadline Dates
Filing deadline dates include:
- Within 45 calendar days from the date of “Notification of First-Level Decision” issued by the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), a property owner may file a second-level real property assessment appeal with the Real Property Tax Appeals Commission.
- No later than September 30 for all full-year assessment appeals.
- If a real property is transferred to a new owner between January 1 through March 1, the new owner can petition for an administrative review before April 2 with the Office of Tax and Revenue.
- If a real property is transferred after March 1, the new owner have 60 days to file and appeal with the Real Property Tax Appeals Commission.
- If you do not agree with the Commission’s decision you have the right to file an appeal with DC Superior Court on or before September 30.