Real Property Tax Appeals Commission
Minutes of the Public Meeting held on
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Chairperson Gregory Syphax called the 3th public meeting for CY 2019 to order at 4:03 p.m. in Hearing Room 1 in the Commisssion's suite of offices located at 441 4th Street NW. The quorum consisted of Gregory Syphax, Richard Amato, Rod Davis, Trent Williams, Wendy Gadson, Alvin Jackson, Stacie Scott Turner, John Neil Ollivierra, and John Woods. May Chan, Cliftine Jones, Edwin Dugas, and Frank Sanders were absent from the meeting. Executive Director, Carlynn Fuller, was also in attendance.
Clfitine Jones made a motion for approval of minutes from the December 18, 2018, Public Meeting; Alvin jackson seconded the motion. The minutes were approved.
Ms. Fuller gave the Executive Director's report summarized as follows:
- As of today 5,808 cases have been received.
- We have the last hearing date for the season and ti twill be held on January 14, 2020.
- 1,133 cases have been decieded to date.
- 5, 035 heard as of today.
- 22 late residential cases
- Commissioner need to be sure to complete the sign-in sheet when sitting in hearings.
Mr. Syphax reported the following:
- Commissioners will be working hard over the holidays writing decisions
There were no members from the public present for the workshop portions of the meeting.
Seth Brown representing Wilkes Artis ws the only memeber of the public at the meeting.
John Neil Ollivierra moved to adjourn the meeting. Alvin Jackson seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 4:14 p.m.
Approved Deember 17, 2019